Student Union is the student organisation of Saint Petersburg University created to help foreign (exchange) students to feel welcome at SPbU.
The programs that Student Union works with are:
- buddy program, where Russian students help exchange students during their first days at SPbU;
- Welcome Week – orientation, cultural and social activities for exchange students;
- Language programs – speaking clubs of different languages and tandem program;
- Social program – charity and social projects with the help of foreign students;
- Ambassador program – the platform where foreign applicants can get more information about life in SPbU and SPbU students can get information about partner universities.
If you are a foreign student, you can join Student Union and help organise and create activities for foreign students, coordinate a speaking club in your native language or Russian language, become a student Ambassador.
Information about Student Union activities is published on the Facebook page .
SPbU Little Theatre is waiting for you to attend performances on Admiralteuskiy kanal 27 (entrance through the archway in the yard). Most of the performances are free. To attend you need to get tickets via https://theatre-studio.timepad.ru/events/
Dear exchange students!
If you're interested in an excursion around Saint-Petersburg University, history of the main campus, its famous alumni and many interesting facts about your new alma mater, please, write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Starting from the 15th of September you can apply for joining one of SPbU creative teams:
- academic choir;
- theatre studio;
- vocal studio;
- orchestra of Russian folk instruments;
- chamber orchestra;
More information about the teams can be found here. Most of the groups work in Russian.
SPbU students are very welcome to join the following students clubs and organisations at School of Journalism and Mass Communications:
Students News Agency "The First Line"
SPbU go to ESN is a group of students from Saint-Petersburg University joined to organize in our university a section of European student organization – Erasmus Student Network. Main aim of the group is to improve the social and practical integration of international students.
There is a buddy programme organised by SPbU go to ESN. If you are a foreign student and would like to have a student mentor who will meet you in the airport and help you around Saint-Petersburg University, you need to fill in the form or contact email@example.com.
For more information and programme of events join the groups on Facebook or Vkontakte