Registration of foreign citizens coming to SPbU
Download "Basic rules of foreign citizen's residence on the territory of the Russian Federation"
Registration of foreign citizens coming to Saint-Petersburg University is under the charge of the Passport and Visa Support Department.
Passport and Visa Support Department is divided into two campuses:
- Universitetskaya nab. 7-9, Saint-Petersburg, Main Building, ground floor, tel.: +7 (812) 326 4944 (entrance from Mendeleevskaya liniya)
- Botanicheskaya st., 66, Stary Peterhof, Dormitory №10, room 109, tel.: +7 (812) 428 4716 (int. 112 or 115).
All foreign citizens coming to Russia must register their residence during 7 working days calculated from crossing the border of the Russian Federation.
If the period of stay of foreign citizen is 7 working days or less, there is no need to register the arrival.
Primary registration of foreign citizens
Every time you cross the border of the Russian Federation (as well as in every case of changing your personal information) you have to come to the Passport and Visa Support Department on the day of crossing the border or next working day and submit the following documents:
- Application Form signed by the head of the International Research & Technology Department (for Staff Exchange Program participants).
- Arrival Notification Form. You can get it in the Passport and Visa Support Department.
- Passport + copy (page with photo)
- Visa + copy
- Migration Card + copy
Staff Exchange Program participants may prepare all the documents in the International Research & Technology Department.
Please notice that you have to obtain new Arrival Notification every time you come to Russia and receive new migration card as well as in every case of changing your personal information.
Requesting multiple visa in SPbU
In order to extend the period of stay in Russia you have to apply for multiple visa not later than 20 working days before expiry date of current visa and submit the following documents to the Passport and Visa Support Department:
- Application Form
- Arrival Notification Form (DO NOT FILL the section "Вид и реквизиты документа, подтверждающего право на пребывание (проживание) в Российской Федерации" - that is the fields "Виза", "Серия", "№", "Дата выдачи" and "Срок действия" in this section)
- Visa Application Form
- Passport + 2 copies
- Current Russian visa + 2 copies
- Migration Card + 2 copies
- Сurrent Arrival Notification + copy
- Copy of the Studying Contract (if applicable)
- Copy of the Ministry's Referral Letter (if applicable)
- Copy of the Gratuitous Studying Contract (if applicable)
- Copy of the Work Contract (for professors and researchers)
- Medical Insurance Policy effective during the visa terms
- Certificate from dormitory (if applicable)
- Photos 3x4 cm, mat, black-and-white or color: 3 photos if you apply for visa in Saint-Petersburg or 5 photos - in Peterhof
- Receipt of payment of the state fee for visa in the amount of 1600 rubles.