Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University (FUBiS) is an intensive academic program through which students can earn credits that may be counted towards their degrees at their home institutions. FUBiS sessions run for 3 to 6 weeks and take place both in summer and winter.
In place of the regular FUBiS summer terms with on-campus instruction in Berlin, FUBiS offers interested participants an online program for the first time: a selection of online courses with the possibility of ECTS credit transfer, as well as a public digital lecture series.
The FUBiS online program includes offerings in the fields of sociology, art history, history, political science, economics, philosophy, and German.
Find the full schedule at http://www.fubis.org/online.
This nuanced approach is addressed to a wide range of international students, who we know are dealing with the current crisis in many different ways and have different needs and preferences, as well as possibly guidelines from their home universities as to how and if a short-term study abroad experience is feasible for them this year.
The FUBiS online program in detail:
ECTS online courses: July 20 — August 14, 2020:
- Twentieth Century Berlin: People, Places, Words (English)
- Seduction and Terror: Hitler’s Germany (English)
- German Philosophy: From Kant to Habermas (English)
- German language classes: Semi-Intensive Beginner A2 and Intermediate B1
*free* Public digital lecture series: June 3 — August 12, 2020:
- Every week, FUBiS instructors will alternately present their subject or German language courses in detail and give a short lecture on one of the course’s key topics.
- Additionally, these talks also focus on contextualizing the course content in relation to Berlin as a cultural and historical location.
We would be grateful if you could circulate the information within your home institutions.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you.